Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SMS to SCCM upgrade and Client Cache Issues

If you perform an upgrade of your SMS 2003 server to SCCM 2007 you should be aware of a potentional problem with your client cache. Client cache is not cleared when the new client is installed. This could cause problems with client tombstoning correctly. There are several ways to fix this. You should do a manual "clear cache" on every system. I know you are laughing... I have a vbscript that clears the cache of a client that can be used with a login script. I am currently working on making it a right click tool. This could be used once the site is upgraded and it could also be used at any time you feel the need to clear the cache of a client.

I have it 90% written, since I plan to use it in my enviroment. I will at a convention in Las Vegas presenting my research in the area of GIS so I won't have time to work on it. I hope to have it done by Friday if not the weekend. I will post it here for those that wish to use it.