Sunday, December 14, 2008

SCCM Package stalled on IIS 7 / Server 2008

I admit that I didn't solve this problem, I found the solution via Michelle Chang.

I was trying to push out Blackberry Desktop Manager but for some reason it would just stall. Now before when I had SCCM running under 2003 server it would go so I know it should work. Well after 2 days of hitting my head I did a search like all good IT people and found a post by Michelle Chang. Alot of us have jumped on the 2008 bandwagon and are sorting out issues for admins that come after. This is no different. Here is a copy of the post from TechNet. And yes it solved my problem.

--------------------- From post ----------
I've had a similar problem with this all week and just got this resolved with Microsoft. Package would start downloading to the local cache folder and then hours later I'm left with BIT*.tmp files and a WaitingContent status.



My Setup:

Server 2008, MSCCM 2007 SP1, IIS7, Vista Enterprise



The problem was in the portion of the ApplicationHost.config file. My package had a "Bin" folder nested in the setup files and I removed this line from the section:
I then restarted IIS and redeployed the package successfully.


The problem was in the portion of the ApplicationHost.config file. My package had a "Bin" folder nested in the setup files and I removed this line from the section:




This is the KB for reference:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942047/


------------------------------------------------------
Link to original post:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrswdist/thread/e3c06b14-d0b8-4b4c-9a52-7f920de06f8e/


Hope this helps!