Saturday, June 27, 2009

Right click Status Messages

I received a nice email from Robert Mitsch about my status messages right click tool. Back in the days of SMS 2003 in late 2005 I had tried to work with the statview.exe application for the status messages but didn't have the time nor could I find some good documentation so I just kept it the way it was with statusmessages.exe. Well he has it working with statview. Shown below is the new method. The differences are as follows:
1. No longer to you need to select server and hit enter
2. Messages no longer pull ALL messages in. This caused problems sometimes. It now pulls in around 1 month of messages.

<filepath>C:\xxxxxxx\AdminUI\bin\i386\statview.exe</filepath>
<parameters>/SMS:Server=\\##SUB:__Server## /SMS:Path=##SUB:__Namespace## /SMS:System=##SUB:Name##</parameters>

Changes will be made here on SCCM Tools website
http://www.sccm-tools.com/tools/rightclick/rightclick-statusmessages.html

and on my original blog post
http://sms-hints-tricks.blogspot.com/2008/06/right-click-tool-status-messages.html