Thursday, November 27, 2008

IIS 7 Reporting Point

Well I had some issues setting up my Server 2008 Reporting point. Part of it could be that I had never used 2008 / IIS7 so I was flying kinda blind. After setting up the reporting point I found that I could only see the web reports when I use the address http://localhost/SMSReporting_XXX if I used the server name in place of the localhost then I would recieve the following error:

"You do not have permission to view this directory or page"
or
“HTTP Error 401.3 – Unauthorized”

Now I thought this was odd since I group "SMS Reporting Users" set for the correct users. Well after searching the web and confirming I had everything setup, I decided to look at everything else.

I found the the section "Authorization Rules" should have the following IIS setting for the SMSReporting_XXX folder in IIS. Authrized roles: "SMS Reporting Users"

As soon as I did this the reporting point accepted a login/pwd and worked with the server